The following restricted substances are only allowed at very low levels (0.1% or less). Cadmium is only allowed at an even lower concentration of 0.01%.
List of restricted substances:
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Lead (Pb)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr VI)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
- Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
There are several exemptions for these substances that allow for their use in specific cases. You can find an exhaustive list of their exemptions in Annex III of the RoHS Directive, or read a summary in our guide to RoHS compliance.