EEE is electrical and electronic equipment.
The RoHS directive specifically lists the following EEE:
- Large and small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools
- Toys, leisure, and sports equipment
- Medical devices
- Monitoring and control instruments
- Automatic dispenser
The RoHS directive also has a catch-all statement (in Category 11) saying “Other EEE not covered by any of the categories above”. So, even if your electronic devices don’t fall into the categories listed above, they may still be subject to RoHS regulations.